Skip to content

How to Keep Your Restaurant Concept Fresh

event-speaker

Jan 7, 2022

Tripleseat News

Jan 7, 2022

How to Keep Your Restaurant Concept Fresh

Share:

Your customers are the bread and butter of your business. We know getting them in the door is half the struggle, but actually getting them to return? That’s a separate struggle entirely.

Seriously — restaurant research shows that only 18% of restaurant-goers will regularly revisit a restaurant. So what about the other 82%? The majority of customers are on the prowl for the latest and greatest dining or private event experience, and they’ve got no shortage of spots to choose from.

While these stats may seem alarming, there are steps you can take to increase the amount of repeat business at your restaurant. Here’s how you can keep your restaurant concept fresh to make sure you’re satisfying your customers’ appetites for something new, visit after visit.

Get creative with your entertainment options

We know, you know: a great restaurant has more to offer than just good food. Your customer experience is what people will remember and talk about with their friends after they’ve left. So what better way to elevate your patrons’ experience at your venue than by engaging their other senses? Creative entertainment options can do just that — and your most fickle patrons are asking for them. New restaurant research shows that 42% of millennial diners say that entertainment offerings influence their decision to eat somewhere.

Live music, interactive art, arcade games, and even photo booths have become a huge hit in restaurants and private events. That last idea is Kardashian confirmed, as one of Kendall’s birthdays was spent taking over the photo booth at LA’s The Nice Guy, while their geotag was flooded with photo booth selfies.

Whatever your entertainment idea might be, it will give your patrons something to talk about outside of your food offerings. They’ll start to think of your restaurant as more than just a place for good eats, but some fun as well.

Host events

Whether it’s a wine tasting, a cooking class, or a game day party, hosting a wide variety of events will make your customers think of your venue as a place to broaden their experiential horizons with every repeat visit. And if one event goes off without a hitch, you can bet you’ll be seeing them again at your next one.

Thomas Hill Organics has mastered the restaurant event category. Not only are there a variety of events to attend, but they’re also all visible right from their Facebook feed — from live music Saturdays to jazz events, anniversary celebrations, and a soul night. Thomas Hill offers their customers a range of different experiences at their venue.

Offer a specialty item

We know the thought and care that goes into a restaurant’s menu, but are your selections driving repeat business? If not, consider the benefits of having a specialty item.

Take Toronto restaurant La Banane’s Ziggy Stardust Disco Egg. What appears to be just another option on their dessert menu has now become one of the most Instagrammed desserts. The restaurant’s Instagram geotag is flooded with pictures of eggs — the true mark of specialty item success. This menu item took off to the point where countless media outlets have taken to the kitchen just to film the creation of the Instafamous chocolate sensation.

Find your golden (chocolate) egg. Create buzz amongst restaurant-goers who will seek you out for one special item. If it’s a hit, you can put new spins on it to keep those curious diners coming back for more.

Use the top tool for event sales and management

Now that you know how to keep your venue fresh and generate more bookings, learn more about how Tripleseat can help you streamline your event planning and management process. Schedule a demo at your convenience to take a closer look.

New call-to-action

Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on the Gather blog and written by Jackie Prange.